Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Joseph Smith- First Vison.

Joseph Smith, a young 14 year old boy, had a question about which church he should join. For some of us this is the same question we have today. In the Bible, the book of James, directs us to ask God when we are in search of answers (James 1:5). In the spring of 1820, Joseph went to a grove of trees near his home and knelt in prayer. He described his experience: I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me [ … ] When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other-This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! (Joseph Smith-History 1:16-17). A historic answer to a young boys prayer! Joseph Smith was told to join none of the churches, but he was going to be an instrument in the hands of the Master, to bring back the church of Jesus Christ. I know that this event actually took place in history. For I have read of his account. And God has so blessed the world by providing evidence of the truth of this young boy. The Book of Mormon, Another testament of Jesus Christ is the way we can all know of the validity of the this prophet of God.


"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3–5.)
Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah." (Introduction to the Book of Mormon)

I took this challenge on and I with millions have received an answer that the Book of Mormon is in fact the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment